Case re Signing in Representative Capacity
- Williamson v. Bertino, 685 So.2d 93 (Fla. 4th DCA 1997)
Contract Cases re Parol Evidence
- Bond v. Hewitt, 149 So. 606 (Fla. 1933)
- Centennial Mortgage, Inc. v. SG/SC, Ltd., 772 So.2d 564 (Fla. 1st DCA 2000)
- Herrin v. Abbe, 46 So. 183 (Fla. 1908)
- Okeechobee Resorts, L.L.C. v. E Z Cash Pawn, Inc., 145 So.3d 989 (Fla. 4th DCA 2014)
- Garner’s Guidelines for Drafting and Editing Contracts
- About LawProse
- The Elements of Legal Style
- Language Change Index
- Executive Employment Agreement: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1140102/000135448815004666/ccni_ex101.htm
- Pharma Contract: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1012140/000095012310100148/f56654exv10w35.htm
- Aircraft Purchase Contract: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/27904/000002790415000003/dal12312014ex109.htm
Some Sample Template Clauses
- Signatures form 2020.02.09 PDF
- Signatures form 2020.02.09 10 point font Word
- Signature form 2020.02.12 12 point font
Wordperfect for DOS Help – Prof. Edward Mendelson, Columbia University
Out-of-class reading and drafting assignment for next week:
- Draft a 2-page contract for sale of a drone.
- You may use the Airbus contract as a model, but use your own words.
- Create facts as needed for this exercise.
- Name the file: “[student last name] Contract for purchase of business [date]”. For example: Smith Contract for purchase of business 2020.09.02
- Self-assess the document:
- Page numbers
- Email your draft contract as a PDF file, not a Word file, to email@example.com no later than the day before the next class. To save a Word file as a PDF, select File Save As as select File Format: PDF.
- Read and study Chapters 5 and 6 (drafting ethics and drafting overview)
- Read over the next class web page at www.contractdrafting.org .